Fat Transfer to Buttocks

I am 198 lbs 5'4. How much fat can I have transfered to my buttocks? I want a big butt - knowing I will lose some fat transfer, it makes feel more is better than less. I been saving for this surgery for so long, I dont want to be disappointed.

Brazilian buttock enahncement may need more sessions

+8

You have to remember that the fat is purified and has to be put in layers of small amount for a good take of the fat. Putting all the fat in your buttock causes the fat not to take and you will benefit less.

You can plan more than one session of fat grafting to the buttocks and this way it is safer and the fat has a better chance of staying in.

There is no known limit of how much fat can be transferred

+7

In my opinion, it is more of an issue of proportion. Waist to hip and hip to thigh proportion. If your frame is wider, then adding a small amount of fat is kind of a drop in a bucket. If you are small framed, then adding that same small amount of fat can make a huge difference. I have done several hundred Brazilian Butt Lift procedures. Some women want to be as large as possible, others just want a little enlargement or shaping. Either way, this procedure can provide beautiful results!

Staging the procedure may be reasonable. But that depends on what you are starting with and how much larger you want your buttocks to be.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Amount of fat to be transferred for Brazilian Butt Lift

+5

Generally, some surgeons feel that the rate of problems is higher when you exceed 850cc. However, this is more of an anecdotal report and an arbitrary limit that has not been scientifically validated.

Fat transfer tu butt

+4

There is not a specific limit for fat transfer, but the limitation will normally be the amount of fat that is harvested. If the patient do not have enough fat in her body will not get a big butt after the transfer.

Manuel Diaz, MD

How Much Fat is Enough for Brazilian Butt Lift

+4
Based on your height and weight ratio, you are an excellent candidate. In general , 30% to 50% maximum of the fat amount removed from the body is good, usable fat.  So if you liposuction 5 liters of fat, anywhere from 750 cc to 1250 can be injected into each buttock cheek.  I warn surgeons at my lectures to not put as much as they can squeeze. That's NOT what this procedure is about. This can lead to problems. There should be no problem placing enough fat for your to get dramatic shape improvement.  The skill, artistry, and experience of your board certified plastic surgeon is critical to your results. In general, you should be careful to get too much fat. If you have too much fat transferred then you may actually lose more fat because of the pressure, if there is too little placed then your results will not be adequate. Your surgeon needs to gauge your skin, bone, and fat architecture.  This comes with experience in doing this. The common mistake surgeons make when they are relatively new at this, is they place too much and just like breast implants that are too big, this causes future problems (more fat and skin thinning, droopiness with aging, and overall poor shape). Shaping comes with artistry and a deep understanding of this procedure. I stress this in the lectures I have given on this topic on expert panels throughout the world. 
I have been performing BBL for many many years, back when very few surgeon had an interest in doing it. Now as many surgeons are offering this, it is more important than ever to do your research and choose a surgeon with ethical before after photos, perhaps some videos, and who shows you multiple views of all the patients so there is nothing hidden behind underwear  and there are no purposefully hidden views.  Use your instincts when looking at patients reviews, community photos, and in surgeon's claims.  Bigger is not always better so be careful.
The below videos and links may help you further.
Good luck
Dr Ghavami

Ashkan Ghavami, MD

Fat grafting for Brazilian butt lift

+4

Dear patient from Miami,
I have been performing successful buttock enhancement also known as Brazilian butt lift using fat grafting with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) for the past five years in Orange County, Ca. It works very well if you’re a good candidate with enough fat and realistic expectations. From your physical description being 5’4” tall and 198 lbs, there is sufficient amount fat to harvest (liposuction) for fat grafting. If fat harvested and treated with proper material properly you can easily achieve desired size. Good luck.

Kevin Sadati, DO

You need a lot of fat transfered to your buttock in order to get a great result

+3

I have had much experience in fat grafting to the buttocks for Brazillian Buttock Augmentation in Los Angeles. I have had patients from 105 lbs to more than 200 lbs. the best results were in those that had much fat available for harvesting. In my experience depending on the technique of harvesting, processing, and injecting the fat, at least 90% of the volume can stay. I have had several patients who have retained more than 90% of their buttock volume despite having had pregnacies, working out, and after more than 5 years.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Brazilian butt lift

+3

Fat is injected throughout the buttocks evenly to create a round curvy shape. We are able to take fat from any area on the body where needed to improve your appearance and shape. The most fat we are allowed to inject is 400cc in each side. Remember when shaping and removing fat in the abdominal and waist area this will minimize the appearance of your waist and accentuate the appearance of your butt.

Jaime Perez, MD