Fat Transfer to Buttocks

I am 198 lbs 5'4. How much fat can I have transfered to my buttocks? I want a big butt - knowing I will lose some fat transfer, it makes feel more is better than less. I been saving for this surgery for so long, I dont want to be disappointed.

There is no known limit of how much fat can be transferred

In my opinion, it is more of an issue of proportion. Waist to hip and hip to thigh proportion. If your frame is wider, then adding a small amount of fat is kind of a drop in a bucket. If you are small framed, then adding that same small amount of fat can make a huge difference. I have done several hundred Brazilian Butt Lift procedures. Some women want to be as large as possible, others just want a little enlargement or shaping. Either way, this procedure can provide beautiful results!

Staging the procedure may be reasonable. But that depends on what you are starting with and how much larger you want your buttocks to be.

How much fat can I get transferred to my buttocks?

The discussion of how many cc's of fat is transferred is often moot because most of the time the maximum amount of liposuction is performed and all of the fat harvested is transferred. Also, the way that the fat is processed before transfer is different from surgeon to surgeon, so the same amount of volumes my have different concentration of fat cells in it. In addition, there have been studies to show that the more the pressure in the area grafted the less the fat survival after a certain point.

Meet with an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon (by the American Board of Plastic Surgery) who specializes in gluteal shaping for an in person consultation in order to discuss whether or not your are a candidate for the procedure and your goals and options. Also, look at their before and after photos and their reviews. I hope this helps and best wishes.

Luis H. Macias, MD

When performing Brazilian butt lifts, I can transfer anywhere from 500cc of fat up to 1100cc. Without a physical examination I have no way of determining how much fat you have to transfer or how much fat would be needed to give you the additional volume you desire.  I recommend continuing your research on RealSelf.  Once you find a board certified plastic surgeon that has experience performing Brazilian butt lifts schedule a consultation for a thorough physical examination to confirm that you are a good candidate for a BBL and if your expectations are attainable.

Be well and good luck!

Amount of Fat Tranfered in your buttock

There are many different factors to consider when it comes to the amount of fat transferred in your buttock. Yes, the more amount of fat I can take out, the better, but you also have to look at other circumstances. If you are small framed/petite, I would usually recommend you gain about 15lbs so you can have a better result in the buttock area. In your case, your height and weight should qualify you for a BBL without having to gain weight. However, always remember... the more fat we can liposuction out of the necessary areas, the more fat we can inject into your buttock. 

How much fat to be transferred in Brazilian buttock lift

Based on your height and weight I would imagine you would have sufficient fat for a fair sized fat transfer. Perhaps 500-900 cc per side. The amount of good quality fat you have will also determine your ultimate outcome. I recommend going to a few different plastic surgeons for a detailed examination in order to get a realistic evaluation of exactly how large you can become. The shape of your buttock is also as important as the final size you achieve.

William Bruno, MD

Fat transfer tu butt

There is not a specific limit for fat transfer, but the limitation will normally be the amount of fat that is harvested. If the patient do not have enough fat in her body will not get a big butt after the transfer.

Manuel Diaz, MD

How Much Fat is Enough for Brazilian Butt Lift

Based on your height and weight ratio, you are an excellent candidate. In general , 30% to 50% maximum of the fat amount removed from the body is good, usable fat.  So if you liposuction 5 liters of fat, anywhere from 750 cc to 1250 can be injected into each buttock cheek.  I warn surgeons at my lectures to not put as much as they can squeeze. That's NOT what this procedure is about. This can lead to problems. There should be no problem placing enough fat for your to get dramatic shape improvement.  The skill, artistry, and experience of your board certified plastic surgeon is critical to your results. In general, you should be careful to get too much fat. If you have too much fat transferred then you may actually lose more fat because of the pressure, if there is too little placed then your results will not be adequate. Your surgeon needs to gauge your skin, bone, and fat architecture.  This comes with experience in doing this. The common mistake surgeons make when they are relatively new at this, is they place too much and just like breast implants that are too big, this causes future problems (more fat and skin thinning, droopiness with aging, and overall poor shape). Shaping comes with artistry and a deep understanding of this procedure. I stress this in the lectures I have given on this topic on expert panels throughout the world. 
I have been performing BBL for many many years, back when very few surgeon had an interest in doing it. Now as many surgeons are offering this, it is more important than ever to do your research and choose a surgeon with ethical before after photos, perhaps some videos, and who shows you multiple views of all the patients so there is nothing hidden behind underwear  and there are no purposefully hidden views.  Use your instincts when looking at patients reviews, community photos, and in surgeon's claims.  Bigger is not always better so be careful.
The below videos and links may help you further.
Good luck
Dr Ghavami

Ashkan Ghavami, MD

Fat transfer buttock augmentation

In general there is not a said limit on the amount of fat that can be transferred into the buttock.  However like most things in plastic surgery, two things in particular deserve attention here.  Firstly, the best aesthetic outcomes are those that create symmetric and proportionate results.  Secondly, "the enemy of good is better" or bigger/more in this case.  in other words, frequently when we try to produce excessive results complications more frequently happen.  Best of luck and try to keep it proportional...RAS 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Fat grafting for Brazilian butt lift

Dear patient from Miami,
I have been performing successful buttock enhancement also known as Brazilian butt lift using fat grafting with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) for the past five years in Orange County, Ca. It works very well if you’re a good candidate with enough fat and realistic expectations. From your physical description being 5’4” tall and 198 lbs, there is sufficient amount fat to harvest (liposuction) for fat grafting. If fat harvested and treated with proper material properly you can easily achieve desired size. Good luck.

Kevin Sadati, DO

If you have it ,you can get it!

2 conditions are necessary to get a great result with your "Brazilian butt lift":

1. sufficient donor areas such as the tummy,hips or thighs since more than 2 pints(maybe 3) of fat are needed to get a good  result
  2. your butt need enough support or shape to support the plumping(we are  just  re inflating the mattress}    in my experience  aminimum of 450 cc is neede in each buttock to create the sexy shape you might want. indirectly  the extraction that type of  volume of fat in areas like the  hips and belly ,amounts to a true liposuction and  can ruly improve your   body contour