Can I Receive IPL and Laser Hair Removal Treatment when I Am Breastfeeding?

IPL and Laser Hair Reduction while Breast Feeding?

+1

IPL and Laser Hair Reduction are not recommended for pregnant or breast feeding women. There is no known physiological adverse effects to either treatment, however since  IPL and Laser Hair Reduction are both elective, non life saving procedures, usual recommendation is to wait till after breast feeding to have either procedure done.

IPL... on Pregnant and Breast feeding females...

+1

I discourage patients to do anything when they are pregnant or breast feeding.  Period.  There will never be any tests done on women whom are pregnant or breastfeeding so legally and ethically it is not wise to treat a women in such a situation. 

My suggestion, wait until you are done with your commitment and then get your treatments.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens       

Grant Stevens, MD

Laser treatments while breastfeeding

+1

Frankly, that's up to you, your physician, and the office performing the IPL and laser hair removal. There aren't many laser companies that tell you not to perform these treatments on breastfeeding women, but some offices don't like to do it just as a general safety precaution for you and your baby's health. But my office has done plenty of procedures safely on women who are breastfeeding.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD