How Do I Know if Real Botox is Being Injected?

I was told by a friend to ask the person who is doing it to show me the bottle, but I don't know how it looks like. My friend got something else and found out much later. How do I know if the Botox I'm being injected is authentic?

Real Botox or not - choose a reputable physician

+2

You will never know what is being injected into you. Just seeing the Allergan hologram only means that the bottle you are looking at has a hologram on it.

The fact that you are asking this question means you are not in the right office.

You should choose a reputable physician who cannot afford to give you anything but the best. You will never worry about watered down product or fake product again.

Real Botox

+2

You friend is correct. Just have the physician show you the bottle and the box. To make sure you are getting the freshest Botox, you should see your physician opening it from a sealed Botox and pull out a vial. You should then see them injecting some saline into the vial to reconstitute the Botox prior to injecting it. I hope this is helpful.

David Shafer, MD

Botox with an experienced injector

+1

A fake bottle looks so real, you would not be able to distinguish it from a real Botox bottle.  You must have confidence in your injector.  A board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon would not risk their reputation by giving you anything but the best treatment. 

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Trust, but verify your aesthetic provider for Botox

+1

The fact that you have doubts is a warning sign that you may not be at the most trustworthy provider. You can find reputable providers at the following places:

1. Botox website - www.botoxmedical.com

2. American Society for Dermatologic Surgery - www.asds.net

3. American Academy of Dermatology - www.aad.org

4. American Society of Plastic Surgery - www.plasticsurgery.org

Chad L. Prather, MD
Baton Rouge Dermatologic Surgeon

Real Botox Vial

+1

You can visit the Allergan company website to see what the real Botox vial looks like. Better yet you can ask the physician to give you an empty vial and keep it with you to compare in future.

To avoid this issue, its better to go to a reputable physician because its not just the fake Botox you should worry about but also who is injecting it.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Real Botox

+1

Probably the best way to know your Botox is real is to go to a reputable doctor. But, going beyond that make sure that the bottle your physician is getting your Botox from has a holographic foil stamp. You can find what the stamp looks like on the Botox cosmetic web site.

Carlos Wolf, MD
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Find a doctor you can trust for real Botox

+1

Here is the problem. Go to Botox Cosmetic A web site and look at the bottles. The also have holographic foil stamps on them to ensure authenticity. So...

OK. Now in comes the doctor with an authentic botte with fluid in it. How do you know you aren't just getting saline? You don't.

My advice is that you go to a board certified plastic surgeon with a good reputation. You will see results within 7 to 10 days.

If you don't trust your doctor, find one you can trust.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Real plastic surgeon or dermatologist will give you real Botox.

+1

Hi.

Whatever is wrong with you , you need to find a doctor you can trust. And Botox is no different. Go to the Botox web site.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Sounds like poor selection process

+1

If you are worried that you are not getting Botox, then you are getting treated at the wrong office. Reputable physicians would never use illegal product. They could be arrested and lose their license to practice medicine. Botox has a unique hologram similar to those on US printed currency, but if you distrust a provider this much, why are you there??

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Making sure that authentic BOTOX being used

+1

If you want to find out if you are being injected with BOTOX you can ask your Doctor to see the bottle, which will have a hologram with Allergan on it. If, however, you are hesitant to trust the word of your current physician, I would consider changing Doctors. Is is very important to feel comfortable with your Doctor and make sure that they are Board Certified.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon