Botox Vs Fillers for Minor Forehead Wrinkles?

I am 30 and have two very small wrinkles on my forehead when my face is relaxed. I'd prefer not to even have those.

I've heard Botox would help but I've also been told fillers instead? I'm confused. I would upload a picture but you really can't even see them in those.

Botox or Dysport

+2

Those lines are getting etched in over time from repetitive movement of the frontalis muscle. A little neuromodulation with Botox or Dysport will do the trick, especially after 2-3 sessions. Be sure you get a little between the brows as well to prevent brow drop.

New Orleans Dermatologist

Botox vs. Filler

+1
Botox works to relax muscle movement and prevent lines from becoming a "fixed feature" in the face.  It can not take away the lines that are present with a flat affect.  At 30 years old, I doubt your lines are very deep.  I've found that my patients with fine lines experience a softening in the appearance of the lines after 1 treatment.  After 2-3 treatments of Botox I've seen lines completely go away.  I'd advise getting Botox 2-3 times before considering filler.  For safety reasons, it's best to avoid using filler when possible in the forehead particularly.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Botox is almost always the first choice...

+1

all you need is a little bit and you'll see the benefits within a week...by two weeks if you're not entirely thrilled, it's always possible either to get some more or to consider some filler...but with the minor problem you describe, the botox should suffice

Ken Landow, MD

Botox for forehead lines

+1

Botox stops movement and should be tried first.  If your lines are still bothersome, filler can then be injected.  Keeping up with your Botox injections will help the filler last longer.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox is definitely the best treatment

+1
Botox is very effective for lines in the forehead and can require very few units to get the Desired effect therefore the cost can be very inexpensive. Filler, on the other hand, would be much more expensive and does not eradicate the lines that bother you wig animation and normally doesn't completely eradicate them at rest either.

Carla R. Retief, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox or fillers?

+1

In general, I  prefer Botox in the upper half of the face and fillers in the lower half because they are more effective in these areas.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Minor wrinkles respond to Botox and fillers

+1

Botox will help keep the lines from deepening and will help a filler last longer in any area that a line forms as a result of skin crimping with muscle contraction.  If the lines are shallow and directly reinforced with muscle contraction, start with the botox injections and you may not even need a filler as your skin will grow in new collagen itself

Vaishali Doolabh, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Botox terrific for fine wrinkles

+1

I recommend Botox for fine wrinkles in the forehead.  While Botox works best for dynamic wrinkles (wrinkles caused from movement), they can often soften fine wrinkles at rest.  Afterall, these fine lines are created from the muscles that make us wrinkle!  Botox will not address deep set wrinkles, but in my experience, they do soften fine lines at rest.  These fine lines can often be tricky to correct with fillers, so go with Botox first!

Dr. Margaret Mann at UCI Dermatology

Margaret Mann, MD
Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for forehead wrinkles

+1

I completely understand - at 34 I have a similar situation when it comes to my forehead.  I recommend a few courses of Botox first.   I think you'll really notice a difference.  I usually reserve filler in the forehead for very deeply etched lines.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Botox works for forehead wrinkles.

+1

Hi.

If the wrinkles are so subtle, maybe you should leave them alone. But if you want treatment, Botox is certainly the first thing to try.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)