Reaction by Viora Vs. Velashape - Which One is Better?

which one works the best?

Reaction versus Velashape

+4

I have used both Reaction and Velashape. In terms of full disclosure, I was an investigator for the clincal study that helped Reaction achieve FDA approval, but I do not receive any monetary rewards from the company. True, both systems use radiofrequency and vacuum and some would argue that there is not a big difference between them, but I think there is a key difference.  Reaction allows for the radiofrequency to be changed, thereby changing the depth of penetration, making Reaction is the only multi-frequency RF device on the market. Why is this important? Because the depth of penetration is crucial to what you are trying to treat. if I am targeting fat, I want the energy to go deeper than if I was targeting skin.  In my experience, this more specific targeting allows for good results with low risk of injuries such as burns.  There have been no head-to-head trials between Velashape and Reaction, so no one can really answer which one is "better."  In my opinion, I find that Reaction allows me to perform skin tightening, cellulite reduction, and fat reduction predictably and with very good results.

Viora or velashape

+2

both the Viora Reaction and the Velashape use vacuum massage with radiofrequency energy (and other light energies) to reduce cellullite. There are no good studies of which I'm aware that address both  devices. this group of cellulite treatments is thought to provide short term benefits and needs long term, but less frequent, maintenance sessions.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Viora vs Velashape

+1
Great question! I have had both of these machines in my clinic's. We used the Velashape in my Utah office and I found that in comparison to using the Viora in my Bellevue clinic we could target a lot more area's that patients main concerns were and noted more skin tightening. Viora has been the most popular with results from my patients follow-up.

Kristin J. Tarbet, MD
Bellevue Oculoplastic Surgeon