Does Velashape Improve Post-Smart Lipo Swelling?

I had Smart Lipo in my lower and upper abs 6 weeks ago and have medium swelling around my umbilical area. I was told that Velashape is recommended to improve swelling. I was told by my provider that is just swelling not seroma. I'm concern about the cost of Velashape and if is necessary. Will I have same results if I decide just to wait for the swelling to go down naturally in few more months or Velashape beside reducing swelling will help give me better final results? Thanks!

Velashape improves post-Smartlipo swelling

+2

Velashape (particularly Velashape II) is an excellent treatment during the healing phases after Smartlipo.  The radiofrequency heat and infrared light provide a skin smoothing effect.  Proper technique provides good lymphatic drainage, reducing swelling.  The overall energy delivered in each treatment adds to the skin tightening effect stimulated during the Smartlipo procedure. 

Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Velashape or time for swelling after liposuction

+2

No one can guarantee that Velashape would provide a better outcome than just waiting for time to heal. Your body's healing power may be adequate over many months to flatten the lump of swelling. If it doesn't seem to diminish slowly over the next several months, then you can always consider Velashape as a trial.

Velashape after Smart Lipo

+1

Thank you for your question. After treatment, swelling can take weeks to several months to subside. I would wait until your swelling subsides, at which point Velashape may be unnecessary.