Raised Bumps/scarring from Plucking out Ingrown Hair? (photo)

I have always had problems with ingrown hair on my right leg for years. But it's been pretty severe as of late and i have the habit of pocking through the skin and plucking them out. I started getting scarring:dark raised bumps. i started getting microdermabrasion treatments thinking it would remove the top layer of skin and clear up my skin but after each treatment it seems to get worse because it gets so itchy, causing more scars by scratching. How can i get my skin back to how it was before?

Laser hair removal and MelaPeel for raised ingrown hair bumps on the legs

+1

Laser hair removal and a chemical peel may help with your condition.  I would recommend at least one MelaPeel for my patients with this condition.

Scars from Ingrown Hairs, Los Angeles, CA

+1

Hi Ash.  Our suggestion would be to get laser hair removal.  If ingrown hairs are causing the problem, it will be gone after the laser hair removal.

If scar persist after the laser hair removal, we would use kenalog to flatten them and lasers to change the color.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD