What Are my Options for Revising a Pyloric Stenosis Scar? My Skin over Hangs the Scar when I Flex. (photo)

26 year old male. I have a pyloric stenosis scar. The scar itself it does what really bothers me. The surgery was done well, the leaner and larger my stomach musles get, the more my skin over hangs my scar when I flex my muscles. It is almost as though the scar is attacthed to something, and causes a huge indentation. I just dont want my scar to indent and want my skin to be even when i flex, even if the scar remains visible or not.

Surgery to correct abdominal scars from intestinal surgery

+1

Scar excision and layered skin and tissue closure will dramatically improve these abdominal scars from surgery.

Scar Revision

+1

With the limitations associated with viewing the photo via the internet it appears as if your scar should improve with a scar revision procedure.  It is best to see a plastic surgeon for this procedure who has experience with scar revisions.  Most likely this procedure can be performed using only local anesthesia.

Paul Carniol, MD
Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pyloric stenosis scar

+1

You seem to have a scar that is tethered to the muscle. A scar revision with additional release of the muscle and possible interposition of some soft tissue between the skin and underlying muscle will probably help.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS