Will Radiesse Lumps Soften and Be Less Prominent?

I just had Radiesse injected on Saturday. I feel that my doctor put too much in my cheeks. I feel like I have 2 golf balls stuck on the "apples of my cheek". They are hard too. I know she said they will soften up, but will it spread out a bit and not be so prominent? I love how it filled my hollow/sunken under eyes, and that it filled in those little creases that nothing would help.

Radiess golf balls

Radiesse is a suspension of hydroxy apatite in a gel. the gel part goes away as tissue builds up. The initial hardness and swelling usually subsides in days.

Radiesse will soften

Radiesse can fell hard and overly full right after it is injected. Other patients have also said that it feels like a couple of golf balls, but if it was injected properly, it should soften up and settle down, just like your doctor suggested. It usually takes about a week for this to happen.

Jonathan Hoenig, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon