Radiesse Nose

I have scheduled an appoinment to have Radiesse injected on the bridge of my nose. I want to have a higher bridge and my doctor said that this is an alternative to Rhinoplasty. Am I doing the right thing? Will I look too "different" afterwards? Thanks.

Radiesse works well for the nose

+2

Radiesse is a good alternative to "augmentation" rhinoplasty for building up the bridge of the nose. The filler is made up of bone minerals, calcium and phosphate ions, surrounded by a water based gel carrier. This filler works best when injected deeply and just above the bone so it works well over the nasal bony bridge. It also lasts longer in this area than other parts of the face (up to 2 years). My recommendation is to have serial injections - you only need very little anyway (less than 0.8ml) because a little goes a long way in the nose. I would have a very small amount and conservative injection the first time and come back for a second or third until you get it to the ideal height you are looking for without looking too "different". I hope this helps!

Radiesse is excellent in the nose

+2

We have used Radiesse numerous times as a non-surgical rhinoplasty and especially love it in the bridge of the nose as you have described.  Good luck!

I recommend Juvederm, instead.

+2

To Janice,

Hi! Using a filler to raise the bridge of your nose a little is fine. But don't think it is the same as a nose job. Also, make sure your doctor has a good eye and experience; ask to see photos.

I prefer Juvederm, because if you don't like it, it can be dissolved. And it also lasts a long time.

Radiesse is used for the "non surgical nose job" - you should be fine.

+2

Thanks for your question.

Radiesse, more so than the other fillers, has been used to contour and shape the nose without having to do surgery. Radiesse is injected in areas of depression to either smooth out areas on the nose, fill in the area between bumps, or to make a sloping nose into a straighter nose. This procedure is widely performed and quite safe. The main risk of this procedure, as with any filler, is injection into blood vessels leading to a potential ulceration on the skin surface. It is a risk and you must be aware of the possibility.

I don't believe you are making a mistake. It is worth a try if you want a slight change to your nose and want to avoid surgery. Also, if you don't like the effects, radiesse is not permanent so you can return to your old nose without doing any other procedures.

Good luck!

Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Can Radiesse be used in the nose for defects?

+1

Radiesse has been used many times to relieve deformities of the nose and the injection  is called a nonsurgical rhinoplasty.  It works quite well in this capacity.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse Nose

+1

Radiesse is an excellent nonsurgical filler for the dorsum or tip of the nose.  When injected correctly it provides a very nice profile of cosmetic change. I have used it many times in my practice with great results.

Web reference: http://www.drvitenas.com/radiesse.html

Radiesse for the Nose

+1

Radiesse is an excellent and simple option for treating many problems with the nose. I would be wary of any physician who tells you that you must see someone in their specialty. You need to find a physician who is experienced, and an artist, and is someone you are comfortable working with. Trust their ability and skills to either be able to improve your problem or be able to recommend the correct procedure and the right physician to see for this treatment. It is often much better to start your search by speaking with a physician who is looking first for simpler, less expensive, non surgical options.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/radiesse/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

NonSurgical Nose Jobs Can Give Excellent Results For Bumpy and Droopy Noses

+1

For those people with a bump or hump on the bridge of the nose or a droopy tip, nonsurgical nose jobs can be an excellent way to avoid the expense and risks of going under the knife. A bump or a depression over the bridge area or along the nose or a falling tip due to the loss of underlying cartilage can be easily address and rapidly improved, literally in minutes, by the use of volumizing agents to recontour the nose.

My favorite volumizers for straightening the nasal bridge or lifting the tip are Radiesse, Perlane-L, or a combination of both of these agents. The results are typically immediate, extremely gratifying in most cases, and may last a considerable length of time (since these areas are not subject to much movement and hence to little mechanical breakdown).  We are all accustomed to going for our annual dental check up or physical exam or twice or even three times yearly for a professional teeth cleaning, so scheduliing a small maintenance touch up for the nose  every year or two does not constitute more of an inconvenience to our schedules than any of these routines. 

Web reference: http://youngerlookingwithoutsurgery.com

Filler or Rhinoplasty

+1

The use of a filler such as Radiesse for aesthetic improvement of the nose in place of rhinoplasty is not a bad idea but it is one that needs some consideration.  I am of the opinion that you are best in this case to get the opinion of someone that does both.  This falls into the 'if you own a hammer the world is a nail' problem. 

Here is the issue in a nutshell.  Although filler is a nice idea, it does absorb.   If you want to maintain that nice looking profile, you will have to keep going back year after year for more injections.  Furthermore, filler can only be used to make things bigger, not smaller, so if there are areas of your nose that you would like to have reduced you are out of luck.  With surgery, the correction is permanent.  Once you heal, your great new profile is yours to keep.  In addition, any other fine tuning can be done at the same time.  The downside of course is that you need to go through surgery to obtain your new nose.  You need someone that can guide you through the risks and benefits of each approach.

While I would love to tell you that all physicians are perfectly versed in all options of treatment, the reality is that no one is very good discussing what they don't know and there is a financial incentive to not suggest a procedure that you can't do. 

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse in Non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

I would recommend an evaluation with a surgeon who performs rhinoplasty frequently to ensure that addition of filler in this area is appropriate for you from an aesthetic standpoint.  Although the term non-surgical sounds less invasive, in some ways injection with Radiesse can lead to serious issues with the soft tissue of the nose.  I don't recommend its use in the nose.

Juvederm is a much safer alternative and can be dissolved.  Since the nose is not mobile, filler here can last quite long, sometimes 2+ years.

Web reference: http://www.shahfacialplastics.com/radiesse.html

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon