Can Radiesse Be Used in the Same Area Where Juvederm Voluma Was Injected 9 Months Ago?

One cheek is flatter, but i am now in a location where Voluma is not available. Can we augment the flatter cheek with Radiesse? (which would be directly over the existing Voluma product). Or, would it be better to go with a different filler?

Combining Radiesse and juvederm for volume in the cheek area...

+1

Combining Radiesse and Juvederm fillers for the face is perfectly fine.  You can use both these products during one visit to acheive wonderful results.  Juvederm can last up to eight months while Radiesse can last up to twelve months.  If one is placed on top of the other, it will not cause a problem.  Another product that works well and lasts longer is Sculptra.  It works by stimulation of your own collagen production, and is gradually injected over multiple injections.  Consult an experienced injector to see what your best options may be. 

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

The Beauty of Fillers

+1

Luckily for us, there are many fillers available today.  Combinations are often injected at the same visit or in subsequent visits without any issues.  Radiesse, perlane, juvederm ultra plus, and sculptra are excellent choices for cheek augmentation, as these fillers offer more "lift."

Donna Bilu Martin, MD
Miami Beach Dermatologist

Radiesse Injection Where Juvederm was Previously Used

+1

There is no problem with using Radiesse in the cheeks where Juvederm was previously injected. In fact, I prefer to use Radiesse in the cheeks.

Radiesse in combination with other fillers

+1

Radiesse can be used in the same area as Juvederm without any problem.  I frequently use the two products together in the midface area.  Generally I find Radiesse a more effective deep filler and Juvederm or Restylane more effective for superficial augmentation.  Radiesse will last longer in this area.  The most important consideration is the ability of your surgeon to obtain pleasing, natural contours regardless of the specific filler used.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Combining Radiesse with other fillers

+1

Radiesse can be safely combined with other fillers in the same area, even on the same day. However, I disagree with the recommendation of Perlane over Radiesse. When properly injected, Radiesse is as good a "volume filler" as any on the market and will be longer lasting than Perlane.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Combining fillers

+1

You certainly can  have Radiesse now. We use both of these on same day in patients all of the time.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Radiesse Injection in same area Juvederm Voluma Injected 9 months prior

+1

Yes, Radiesse can be injected in the same area that Juvederm Voluma was injected 9 months prior. It is not uncommon to inject different fillers in the same area that needs volume restored. Sometimes this can be done in the same sitting.

Anifat Balogun, MD

+1

Sure, different fillers can be used in the same tissue areas.  Radiesse and Voluma can be mixed however, you might want to conside Perlane which is my filler of choice for cheek augmentation using a  filler.  Remember, there's no inherent magic in any filler.  The aesthetic magic must reside in the MD's ability to understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally more attractive face (and cheeks). 

Combining Injectables

+1

Yes, it is okay to combine injectables, especially if your injections were 9 months ago.  However, even at the same sitting, I often use a combination of injectables to achieve the best results.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Radiesse and Juvederm

+1

It is fine to inject Radiesse in the same area where you had Juvederm.  We combine fillers all the time even during the same visit.

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist