Radiesse Chin Augmentation?

Hi Guys, So I'm curious how long would Radiesse last in the chin? I'm hoping to get 3mm of projection from it and am curious how much it would cost. I'm also curious what the chin feels like to the touch afterwards? I'm hoping that it will be firm and natural and not like I have a fatty chin :P thanks for your help

Radiesse Chin Augmentation?

+2

I have used Radiesse many times for Chin Augmentation and it will last up to 12 months.  When applied following the proper aesthetics of facial beauty, it looks very natural.

Radiesse and hyaluronic acid fillers are great for chin augmentation

+2

Radiesse and hyaluronic acid fillers are great for chin augmentation.  Where I practice in Orange County Radiesse is very popular. Usually one syringe should be enough to augment a chin.  This typically costs $600-900.  Radiesse  sometimes feels very firm for 1-2 weeks after it is injected, but then softens up and feels like normal skin/fat after 1-2 weeks. Make sure you go to someone VERY experienced with fillers and who is an artist with them, chins, cheeks, noses and lips are areas where artistic talent makes a difference.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse for chin

+2

Radiesse can be used to augment the chin and normally would last a year at the most.  It should feel completely normal after it's injected.  The cost will vary depending on how much is needed to obtain the desired result.   

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse in Chin

+1

Radiesse is a great product to use for chin augmentation. Usually 1-2 syringes are needed to achieve a mild chin augmentation depending on your skin thickness and position of your chin in relation to your teeth. The first 2 weeks, the chin will feel firm and you will feel the product, but after this, the filler becomes part of your chin and will feel more natural. In Atlanta, one Radiesse syringe costs between $500-$900 a syringe.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse in chin a great volumizer

+1

I like Radiesse for volume and shaping of the chin area. It lasts anywhere from 1-2 years and may actually stimulate your body's collagen. Natural look depends on the injector and their experience in this area. I wish you the best of luck!

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Radiesse Chin Augmentation?

+1

Chin augmentation with Radiesse can work very well when injected onto the bone for volumetric gain.  This may last 9 months to a year.  It looks and feels natural in this way.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Radiesse Chin Augmentation?

+1

In general, up to about a year, depending on (among other things) how much you put in and specifics of the anatomy of your chin.  One syringe should be adequate for this region.

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Radiesse for Chin Augmentation

+1

Thank you for the great question. The amount of Radiesse required to get 3mm of anterior projection will depend on how big your chin is.  Generally, this would require at least one full syringe and possibly a second. When I perform chin augmentation with Radiesse, I place the product down on the bone. There should not be any changes to the texture of the overlying soft tissues (skin, muscle, etc.). This can be a great treatment, and one that I often recommend before someone decides to have a permanent chin implant placed.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse and Restylane SQ Work Well For Nonsurgical Chin Augmentation

+1

Nonsurgical chin augmentation using volumizing fillers is a safe and effective way for dealing with a congenitally receded chin or chin recession related to age related bone loss or even irregularities that may result from surgical chin implants. It also works well for smoothing out "cottage cheese" dimpling of the chin, especially when combined with the use of a neuromodulator, such as Botox, Dysport or Xeomin..

For this region, I prefer the combination of Radiesse, a calcium-based volumizing agent, and Restylane SubQ, a robust hyaluronic acid volumizing agent for nonsurgical chin augmentation. Radiesse is known to stimulate neocollagenesis (native collagen production), which is an added plus of this agent, and Restylane SubQ gives remarkable lift.

Atlhough I routinely use Restylane SubQ in my practice in Israel, it is unfortunately not yet available in the United States  In my Upper East Side NYC practice, for chin augmentation, I combine Radiesse with Perlane L (another member of the Restylane family of products). Occasionally, I also use Juvederm Voluma when there is a greater need for contouring as opposed to lift and projection. Voluma, too, is not available in the U.S., where I substitute Juvederm UltraPlus XC when neeeded.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Radiesse for an injectable chin augmentation

+1

Radiesse is a superb filler to enhance forward projection of the chin.  It should be injected beneath the muscle and it will feel a little firm for a week  or so.  Because Radiesse is a collagen stimulator it is long lasting and feels quite natural.  The augmentation of the chin and peri oral area should take not more than one syringe and run between $600 to $800.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologist