How Many Syringes of Radiesse for Jaw Angle Needed Would Vary Based on Starting Point?

Doctors on this forum such as Dr. Francis Palmer said that in his practice, a male needs 3 syringes of Radiesse for jaw angle "flare out" or augmentation. Wouldn't the amount of Radiesse vastly vary based on the starting point of the patient's jaw angle ? Also with Radiesse, since the carrier gel (70%) dissolves quickly, wouldn't the patients need to probably get 2 injections of a smaller amount of Radiesse each time, spaced 1-3 months apart for a more precise & predictable shape & result ?

No way to tell without individual consult.

+1

Everyone is different. We can suggest products but the actual amount and possible results vary depending on each individual. I would not get hung up in numbers from what was stated if it wasn't an in person consultation.

How Many Syringes of Radiesse?

+1

There is no "right" answer to this question.  In general, the more dramatic a change or modification requested or desired, the more volume that has to be injected.  Some areas or faces need more volume to achieve a desired look, or to get as close to that as possible, than others do.  And different practitioners address this differently.  I like spreading the injection sessions out over one or two months so that too much is not injected at a single time.  But the definition of "too much" is debatable, and once we reach a point where both the patient and I are happy with what we've done, adding more at a single time is that much more acceptable.

I would say that each face needs to be assessed individually, and that there are many different ways of achieving a given result.  I would consultations with several plastic surgeons - however many it takes - until you find one you're comfortable working with, and then, at that point, to rely to a greater extent on his or her recommendations and guidance.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

+1

There are a huge number of variables involved here as with any decision made with regard to fillers and anatomical adjustments, and it is generally better to defer to an experienced, educated surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

I am always willing to share in general terms my experience of  treating many patients with Radiesse to create a more pronounced, flared jaw.  In my experince there is a minimum amount of filler, in this case Radiesse, that is required to create the shape and volume of the desired aesthetic affect.  Some patients may require a bit more at the initial treatment.  If the patient returned in 1-3 months seeking further volume with Radiesse it can be quite difficult to place a significant volume within the targer tissue.  Hope this helps.

Radiesse for jaw angle

+1

I'm sure what Dr. Palmer was giving is an estimate. He is a good, very experienced injector and none of us go into each patient - male or female - and expect to do the exact same thing. In general, for fillers and injectables, males do require more and different placements than females. So, on average, 3 syringe for a male, done all at once, or in stages, is probably a good estimate. But again, yes, it's an estimate, and that might be different when someone saw you in an office for an in-person consultation.

I do prefer to see patients and re-inject before all fillers are gone. This is called stacking the fillers. It allows fillers to last longer, as well, because you don't have patients go back to baseline in between each round of fillers. Overall, in the long run, patients get better fill, and spend less money too, because they aren't returning and starting over each time.

Fillers are an art, and each injector needs to do what's best, on an individual basis, for each patient's needs, facial shape, and desired results.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Radiesse to the Jaw

+1

The amount of Radiesse needed depends on the current starting point of the face as well as the results you are trying to achieve.  Generally I have patients returns in a few weeks to determine if additional product is needed.  Please consult with a board certified injector who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Amount of Radiesse needed for jaw angle

+1

I would agree that the amount of Radiesse needed for any treatment varies by individual.  For the angle of the jaw, it's possible that one syringe might be enough for some people.   In regards to the timing of injections, this is going to vary by physician.  Some may prefer to treat the entire region in one treatment.  With Radiesse, I normally will treat a patient and then have them return in a few weeks to a month to see if they require more.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon