Can 5-FU Dissolve Radiesse Generated Volume from Years Ago?

Have heard good things about 5-FU for dissolving scar tissue which could be applied to Radiesse related volume, which seems like it's scar tissue (They call it Collagen). Anybody have success with this ?

Radiesse injections and excess filler

+1

5FU has inherent risks and has not been studied to address residual volume from Radiesse facial fillers.  An examination can provide you with more specific and suitable options. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

5-Fluorouracil may be helpful for scars, but less so for excess volume from Radiesse.

+1

5-Fluorouracil may be helpful for scars, but less so for excess volume from Radiesse. Your Radiesse injection was years ago, and most likely the excess volume you are trying to reduce with 5-FU is not so much given by the Radiesse any more. 

Leyda Elizabeth Bowes, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

The Radiesse injected years ago has long since been absorbed.  If you believe that you have residual scar tissue left from the material, this might be tried with caution as to how successful it might be in decreasing the volume.

5-FU in the treatment of scars

+1

5-FU works well to soften scar tissue and prevent further formation, though it works best before scar maturation.  It's a reasonable treatment option to treat focal areas of scarring.    

Donald B. Yoo, MD

5-FU to dissolve Radiesse

+1

I have used 5-FU on scars and I have tried it on Radiesse. It should not be compared to a hyaluronidase which actually does dissolve HA fillers. 5-FU has minimal results on Radiesse. I wouldn't call it a success by any means, but you can have a small amount of improvement.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD