R20 Laser for Tattoo Removal?

Hi, I was looking for laser tattoo removal information and what I've found is that the nd yag q switched laser is the best method in almost every websites but then I read about the r20 laser and I don't know if this is better than the q switched. Which laser is the newest ??

R20 is not a new laser. It is a method of administering multiple treatments on the same day spaced 20 minutes apart.

+2

R20 is not a new laser.  It is a method of administering multiple treatments on the same day spaced 20 minutes apart.  This treatment method uses the same Q-Switched lasers and may be able to get your tattoo off in less time.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

R20 method for rapid tattoo removal

+1
The R20 method or R20 protocol is a method of completing four laser tattoo removal treatments in 20-minute intervals all performed during a single 60 minute office visit. In clinical studies, one treatment was sufficient to nearly clear a tattoo of black ink. The passes of the laser are done with 20-minute breaks in between, as opposed to coming in for another office visit weeks later. Four passes in total are completed in one visit with the R20 method, which is often times enough to completely clear an unwanted tattoo in just one visit.

Sam Naficy, MD

The r20 system is a laser approach and not the name of a laser.

+1

The r20 system is a laser approach and not the name of a laser. There are those who believe that a second treatment – 20 minutes after the 1st – the r20 approach – leads to better Q-switched laser results of tattoos.

David Goldberg, MD