I'm 17 years old and I've had true gynecomastia for 4-5 years. Is Surgery a Good Option?

I'm 17 years old and I've had true gynecomastia for 4-5 years. The condition has seriously impacted upon my self-esteem and confidence, so obviously, I'm very eager to oust it! I'm not overweight, (my BMI is 19.4 and I do lots of cardio) I've never taken drugs and I have no underlying illnesses I'm aware of which could cause gynecomastia. Since it's been roughly 5 years, I'm doubtful it will ever go away; so is surgery a good option, or should I wait longer? Any advice would be much appreciated.