Crater Deformity After Gynecomastia, Would a Revision Fix this? (photo)

Hello, I had gynecomastia surgery performed when i was 12 im now 26 it wasn't done by a plastic surgeon and i feel getting it doin at that age didn't help either. Is there any type of procedure that can be done with permanent results to improve the crater deformity i have. And what would be a ruff estimate on the cost

Crater Deformity after Gynecomastia Surgery?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Yes, revisionary surgery may improve the “crater deformity”. The surgery may involve the combination of peripheral liposuction around the depressed area and grafting to fill the depressed area.

Make sure that you are consulting with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons.

Depression after gynecomastic incision can be fixed.

+2

I can't specifically say what can help, but the very least would be suctioning of the surrounding fat away from the areola.  If it's still depressed, a dermis fat graft could be placed beneath the areola to generate more caliber.

Crater deformity

+2

This is a easy and straight forward problem to correct.  Your crater deformity is ideal for a fat flap to.to close the depression.  I have a video on some one exactly like you to give you an ideal of how good your result could be

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Revision of gynecomastia can help a lot.

+2

Hi.

This is a tough problem.  Just going by your pictures, I think a combination of spot microliposuction and fat injections into the clefts will help you.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Gynecomastia

+2

From the pictures posted, it seems that excessive amount of tissue was taken from underneath the nipple areola resulting in scarring and depression at the nipple areola.

It will need to be correcre with the least amount of scarring. Fat graft is your best alternative and be prepared that you may need more than obe session of fat grafting to achieve the best results.

Contour irregularity after excisional chest surgery.

+2

The lack of tissue underneath the areolar skin is causing the problem with the crater.   A surgical release of the old scar and possible perimeter contour reduction may allow the skin to redrape favorably.  A fat graft may be necessary to to bulk up the area.  Pricing varies fron region to region along with the  procedure performed. 

H. Michael Roark, MD

Nipple Depression after Gynecomastia Surgery

+1
Your problem was most likely do to over resection of your breast tissue beneath your nipple. Revision gynecomastia surgery is often difficult and requires a well trained board certified plastic surgeon with experience in redo male breast surgery. An exam is critical to give you an opinion but most likely fat transfer is required. The below link will direct you on how to find the best plastic surgeon.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

+1
Judging from the photos, I suspect you would need revision surgery including scar release, revision liposuction of the chest, and possible fat grafting to the subareola region.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

John Nguyen, MD, FACS