Will Push-ups and Body Weight Exercises Cause Lateral Displacement?

I have had my breast implants for 1 year, and for the past 3 months I have been doing crossfit which includes pushups, and body weight chest exercises like dips on gymnastic rings. Will this cause lateral displacement of my implant? (ps.I am not doing bench presses)

Exercises that cause lateral displacement of implants

+1

Major pectoral muscle movements such as the ones you describe do have the possiblity of displacing implants, though in my experience this only occurs in a small number of people. Keep in mind, though, that if you are unfortunate enough to be in that small percentage of people, it's not easily correctable.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Implant displacement

+1

Lateral displacement of implants is often due to the pocket being too large.  It is not impacted by exercise like push-ups.

Breast Implant displacement

+1

If implants are placed under the (pectoral) muscle it is possible for the implant to move laterally with muscle contraction. This however should not cause serious problems, but for those who do not like this effect and want to avoid it, the implant can be placed above the muscle.

Hope that helps.

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS