Is It Possible to Have Torn an Internal Stitch from my Breast Implants?

I am 2.5 wks post op and was crawling on the floor to get something and felt a snap at the outside of my right incision and now the scar bump is smaller and i can raise my arm easier, not really any pain just wondering if I should be concerned or if I damaged something.... what happened?

Broken suture after breast implant surgery

You should definitely see your plastic surgeon and show them the area of concern.

Some complex revisional breast surgeries involve capsule repairs, whcih by their nature are often delicate.  A broken suture of a delicate capsular repair is concerning, while a straightforward breast augmentation procedure probably less so.

"pop" after breast augmentation

You could have broken one of the deeper stitches but after a couple of weeks, this is not as concerning, especially if the skin is still closed and you do not have any signs of implant exposure (opening in your skin, seeing the implant, pain) or infection (fever, redness, tenderness, drainage).  Good luck!

Popping sutures after breast augmentation

The only sutures involved in a breast augmentation are in the skin closure.  One of these could break I suppose but the best thing is to check with your doctor.

Internal sutures

It is possible that a suture internally may break but it is unlikely to result in improved arm movement since there should be no suture used that would effect arm movement. You should return to your surgeon and discuss this. Some things are not explainable but is there is no verifiable problem then it is not something to worry about. 

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Is It Possible to Have Torn an Internal Stitch from my Breast Implants

From your description, you likely popped one of the dissolving internal stitches but it would be best to have this checked out by your surgeon

Suture Release After Breast Augmentation

Most likely you simply popped (released) one of your deeper sutures beneath your incision. Since you have better arm movement and have no other visible problems, this is not something of concern. But I would return to your plastic surgeon to have it checked anyway. He would want to know of your concerns.

Popping suture following breast augmentation

It is possible that you popped a suture from one of the layers that your surgeon repairs during breast augmentation. The layers include the facsial layer and/or the skin layers. Remember there are several sutures placed in each layer, so if you don't see any physical differences, then you are ok.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Pop in tissues after Breast Implants

Because you are asymptomatic now, it is highly unlikely that you did anything significant. However, because this was an unusual occurrence, you should return to your surgeon as soon as possible.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Internal stitch?

It is very possible that you released a suture.  I would check with your surgeon to make sure everyting is ok.

Yes! Return to your chosen Plastic Surgeon for a full breast examination ASAP. From MIAMI Dr. darryl j. Blinski