I Still Have Puffy Nipples Even After Having Ultrasonic-Assisted Liposuction

It's been about 3 months since my surgery and my surgeon is warning me against gland extraction due to possible nipple cave-in. I was wondering if I got nipples rings would that solve my puffy nipple issue which is alot less than before surgery but still a problem. Surgeon wants $2000 for revision I figure piercings would be about $250 with less risk than revision. Doctors please guide me. I'm in S. Florida any good Gyno docs from S. FL on this site if so step to the plate, I need help.

Male breast gland excision is an important part of gynecomastia surgery

+2

removal of the breast gland is a very importnat part of gynecomastia surgery. I usually both excise breast gland tissue, as well as perform liposuction of the entire chest. otherwise, it is possible to have a puffy nipple as you are experiencing.

Puffy Nipples after Surgery

+1
Without photos and an exam it is difficult to give adequate advice. In general this condition is gue to glandular breast tissue that has to be excised. Nipple Rings will NOT correct this. 
It is key to see a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in secondary gynecomastia surgery for best results.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

+1
Pictures would be very helpful in answering this question.  You may need a direct excision of glandular tissue in the subareolar region to make the nipple and areola area flatter.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

John Nguyen, MD, FACS

Puffy Nipples after Liposuction

+1

The most common reason for having continued “puffy nipples” after liposuction surgery is the presence of breast tissue (gynecomastia).

I have found that gynecomastia is often best treated with  partial excision of the prominent glandular tissue  as well as liposuction surgery of the peripheral chest area.  If the prominence of the chest wall is caused by adipose tissue, then liposculpture surgery alone may suffice.

I would strongly suggest that you make sure you are working with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon. 

Puffiness under areola s/p gynecomastia reduction with ultrasonic liposuction

+1

If there is persistent puffiness after liposuction of the chest, then there is almost certainly fibrous glandular tissue remaining.  That tissue can be removed very accurately and there should be no caving in of the areola.  If there is a depression that can be filled in later with fat.

Kenneth L. Stein, MD

Male nipple swelling after liposuction

+1

if you have persistent swelling in the nipple area following liposuction, there is a good chance that you have some remaining glandular tissue there. The best way to remove this would be direct excision which when done correctly can be performed with minimal risk to depression or cave in and within a very small incision.

Jeffrey Kenkel, MD

The Puffy Nipple After Gynecomastia Liposuction Requires An Open Approach To Solve

+1

Your residual puffy nipples at this point after surgery is residual gland tissue. While liposuction can reduce the soft fat around gynecomastia, it just can't get rid of the hard nodular tissue right under the nipple. Most of the time, the postop puffy nipple results when liposuction is done alone. Nipple rings are not going to get rid of this residual tissue. What you need is a secondary procedure through an open approach with a lower areolar incision. Given the fairly limited size of the residual breast tissue, the procedure can be done under local anesthesia.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Gynecomastia treated with ultrasonic liposuction.

+1

I find that the gynecomastia in body builders is mostly parenchymal(glandular)  and in others to be of dual origin fat and gland.

From your picture you do not appear to be a body builder therefore your breasts should have been approached with Lipo and excision of the gland .The latter require leaving a small disc of breast tissue behind the nipple-areola to avoid the saucerized look.

You now need some parenchymal excision behind the nipple areolar complex.

Erel Laufer, MD