Which Product is Best for PIH- Obagi or Meladerm?

Which are the best products to reduce hyperpigmentation?

+2

Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation can be quite refractory to treatment because of the deeper level of the increased pigmentation. One of the most effective (and least expensive) ways to reverse hyperpigmentation in your skin is by using a combination of two prescription strength medications: 4% hydroquinone and tretinoin cream. Prescription strength 4% hydroquinone is better than any OTC product for lightening dark spots in the skin. Combining prescription-only tretinoin cream with hydroquinone will make it even more effective. Daily use of sunscreen is essential in your treatment as well. I recommend the Obagi Nu-Derm System which uses both tretinoin cream and hydroquinone and has the best chance of reducing hyperpigmentation. Meladerm contains Kojic acid which is not nearly as effective as hydroquinone.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Melarase AM and Melarase PM skin protocol for PIH and discoloration of the skin in all ethnic types

+1

I use the Melarase AM and Melarase PM protocol for my patients with PIH and hyperpigmentation that is either hormonal or sun related. Patients who need deeper penetration can add the RR Retinoid Repair creams to enhance action. Surgery90210

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS