I Had Sculptra & Radiasse Injected 4weeks Ago, will the Obaji Blue Peel Effect Their Results?

I am in the middle of completeing my sculptra injections (and just had 1 radiasse injection too)I would like to do the obaji blue peel to remove wrinkles around the eyes and mouth and reduce my pore size. However, I would like to know if the blue peel will effect/ruin my results with the sculptra? Should I wait to complete the sculptra injections and if so how long should I wait to do the blue peel?

Obagi Blue Peel in Los Angeles and Facial Fillers

+1

I perform the Obagi Blue Peel in conjunction with facial fillers and feel that there is no conflict in terms of interference with stimulatory filler action. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Light chemical peel okay after fillers

+1

It is not a problem to have an Obagi Blue Peel after receiving injectable fillers such as Sculptra, Radiesse, Juvederm, or Restylane.  If you were to have certain laser procedures performed, they might cause the fillers to degrade more rapidly.  The Blue Peel, however, is a very superficial TCA peel (TriCloroAcetic Acid), and will not reach into the deeper tissues where the filler resides.  On the other hand, because the Blue Peel is so superficial, you may not see a tremendous amount of improvement in your fine lines after the procedure. Also, I would not advise doing the peel on the same day as any injectable treatments.  

Pamela B. Rosen, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

Chemical peels can be done at the same time as Sculptra or Radiesse

+1

Fillers work deep in or under the skin to provide volume and will not be affected by chemical peeling or degraded by LASERS.  You should do great! Best to you.

Carolyn Jacob, MD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Blue peel

+1

The answer is no. The blue peel is a medium deep peel with very good results but, does not reach the depth that fillers do.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Blue peel will not interfere with wrinkle fillers

+1

No problem.  I have performed similar procedures together without any problems.  

Robert Strimling, MD

Obagi Blue Peels will have no effect on fillers

+1

An Obagi Blue Peel is a trichloracetic acid chemical peel that penetrates only a small distance into the skin. Radiesse and Sculptra are "volumizing" fillers that, when properly injected, are place below the skin. Therefore, it is safe to have your Obagi Blue Peel at any time during your Sculptra treatment course.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Obaji Blue Peel does not affect dermal fillers

+1

Obagi Blue Peel is a trichloroacetic acid peel that penetrates into the papillary dermis, the most superficial part of the dermis.

Sculptra and Radiesse are deposited either between the dermis and subcutaneous fat tissue or on the bone, deep in the tissues.

There is no interaction.

I would suggest, however, that the Obagi Blue Peel wait until two weeks after the Sculptra and Radiesse injections just so that the swelling from those procedures settles.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon