Problems Years After Septoplasty

I broke my nose when a child, and thus developed a deviated septum. I could not breath through my nose at all, when 23 I had a septoplasty. I am now 39, and I seem to experience a buildup of mucous throat, and nose, and then I have to cough pretty desperately and while I am coughing usually my eye starts to run, but only the left one. I don't know what this is, but I know I am not sick. Could it be related to my septoplasty when I was 23?

Problems after Septoplasty

+1

Hi,

It sounds like you have allergy related symptoms. Your septum may or may not be involved but I don't think its the cause of your symptoms. See an ear, nose and throat doctor.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com

Septoplasty

+1

The nasal septum divides the nose into separate passages.  If you have trouble breathing nasally, it may be related to your septum.  However, the nasal and pharyngeal symptoms you describe would be best evaluated by an Otolaryngologist

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Septoplasty

+1

Consult an ENT surgeon. After examination he/she can give you a diagnosis and plan of treatment..............