Primary Reason for Hospital Stay After a Tummy Tuck?

Some surgeons recommend an overnight in the hospital after a tummy tuck, but I could go home the same day. What is the main health risk that they are monitoring in the hospital, or is it just to be able to give better pain medication?

Overnight hospital stay after Tummy Tuck is a very nice option but not essential

I operate in a hospital thus my patients have the option of staying overnight. It is very interesting that many choose to do so since they have the option.

The benefits are nursing care, more effective pain medications, and the opportunity to see the doctor on round the next morning.

Patients who have a mini tummy tuck more frequently choose to go home after surgery, but for full abdominoplasty I recommend that they stay overnight.

Certainly id multiple procedures are done such as combined abdominoplasty and breast lift or augmentation or liposuction of other areas I strongly recommend an overnight stay.

For patients who choose to go home after surgery they must be accompanied by someone who can care for them. It is illegal for a hospital to discharge a patient alone after General Anesthesia in my State  Massachusetts.