Post Juvederm Bruising- How Long Will It Last? Can I Speed Healing?

I had two syringes of Juvederm two days ago. My doctor said nothing about avoiding aspirin, alcohol, vitamins or NSAIDS and now I have very obvious bruising around my mouth and nasolabial folds! I can't even cover it with makeup so I am very unhappy with the results. My question now is how long can I expect this horrible bruising to last and is there anything I can do to speed the healing?

Bruising and healing after Juvederm treatment

Bruising around the mouth and nose area is quite common after injections. I always tell my patients to avoid aspirin, alcohol, NSAIDs, herbals (G's: Ginkgo, Garlic, Ginseng) at least one week before treatment. If a bruise develops, it usually takes about a week to resolve. The best advice is to find a concealer, such as Dermablend, to hide the bruise during this time. Hang in there! Miriam Hanson MD.

Austin Dermatologist