Post Fractional CO2 Laser Problems?

Hi, I had Smartxide CO2 laser treatment done on my cheeks for acne scars over 6 weeks ago and my cheeks are just covered in streak lines that are indented made up of small holes. It looks like thousand of horizontal paper cuts all over my cheeks. Will these ever go away? When? I am very depressed. My doctor seems confident that these will go away, but I am not. He said my asian skin may take longer to heal. Are there any procedures that can help? Help please! Any advice please! Thanks.

Lines following CO2 laser in Asian skin

+1
It is difficult to say without pictures. You may beneifit from a bleaching cream to treat possible post-inflammotory hyperpigmentation that is so common, esp. in Asian skin. Additional gentle procedures like lasering on a lower setting or micro-needling may be useful in the next several weeks if you do not get better.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fractional CO2 Laser Results

+1

Fractional CO2 laser is called fractional since only a fraction of the skin is ablated by the laser.  Depending on the percent of ablation, there can be a pattern appearance on the skin during the healing process.  This is more common with more pigmented skin such as Asians.  This should disappear with time but if it does not, a second resurfacing may be needed to smooth it out.  I suggest you follow your surgeon's recommendations and be patient.

Martin O'Toole, MD

Lines

+1

You do need more time.Asian skin is tough to work with using lasers because of the pigment. You are close so could I see you

David A. Bray, Sr., MD