Do I Have a Polly Beak Deformity? My Tip is So Full.

I am seeing my surgeon again in 3 weeks and he said if the tip does not go down then he will do steroid injections. Will steroid injections work if I do need them? I am so worried.

Swelling After Rhinoplasty is Normal.

+1

You did not say how long after surgery the photos were taken. You do not have a polly beak deformity. Rather, it appears as though the entire tip is swollen. Profile looks good. Wish I had more info and I could give you a more detailed answer.

Time will help you. Perhaps the steroids also. It is all about timing.

Your surgeon knows your nose best so ask lots of questions. If you are not satisfied, nothing like  a second opinion to help put you at ease.

Don't panic; time is on your side.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON

Author, THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION