6 Days Post Op Should I Leave the Cleaning of Crust & Blood from Rhinoplasty to the Surgeon/Nurse?

Cast off date is in two days but I have ALOT of crusty blood and dried mucus around my nose and inside. It's filled up a quarter of each nostil alone. I had very slightly cleaned the outside with just water but I have internal splints and stiches that I do not want to touch or irritate, Should I leave all of the cleaning to the nurse at cast off or is it ok to clean it myself? I am scared of ripping out a stitch even though I am very gentle..

Leave the cleaning of the inside of the nose to the plastic surgeons office

+1

Thank you for the question.  With internal splints and internal sutures it is best to leave manual cleaning of the inside of the nose to the plastic surgeons office.

Dr. Remus Repta

Web reference: http://drrepta.com

Cleaning of Crust and Blood Post Rhinoplasty

+1

You can answer that question when you visit your surgeon's office in 2 days to have your cast removed. I instruct my patients to use small quantities of polysporin on a Q-tip  just in side the nose after surgery. You will do no harm if this is done gently. Having said that, follow your surgeon's instructions. 

Postop Rhinoplasty Care

+1

Please consult with your surgeon's office as to how to best address these issues.  Every office has a different protocol.

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/procedures2/rhinoplasty

Cleaning with Cast after Rhinoplasty

+1

Please call your surgeon.  The office staff or doctor can direct you with the specific post op needs that you have.  Good luck

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon