Had to Be Opened Up Day 13 Post Op from Tummy Tuck Said I Had a Bleed Due To Too Much Activity?

I am 15 days post op from a tt (no muscle work, only skin) today. On day 8, I developed a fever & on day 9, my drains were removed due to infection. Day 13, I go to the doctor for swelling on my left side. Doctor can't remove any fluid and decides that he has to open me up again to see what is going on. Now I have an open wound 2 1/2" long and about 2" deep. They are telling me I had a 'bleed' due to too much activity? Is this common? And how long will an open wound of this size take to heal?

Open Wound after Tummy Tuck?

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced after tummy tuck surgery. I'm glad to hear however that you are being followed closely by your plastic surgeon. You may be surprised at how well the open wound heals;  this may take several weeks to do so however. I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon, follow instructions regarding dressing changes, and understand that in the long run it is likely that you will have a very nice result.  Sometimes, when incision lines heal  by “secondary intention” scar revision surgery may be necessary to improve the final results.