Internal Scar Tissue After Abdominoplasty?

I had twins and my rectus was seperated from my sternum to my pelvis. I had surgery to repair that...abdominal plasty. I can feel the scar tissue under the skin and it is bulgy. I don't care about the bulge, yet I'm in pain 24/7. Sometimes a very sharp pain on the sides of the interal scar tissue. Always pain on the bulging area. I had an ultrasound, all remains intact. I'm on Gabapentin through the pain management clinic. So far no pain relief. Would PT Ultrasound help?

Pain

+1

Sorry to hear your in constant pain, How long has it been since your surgery? You need to talk to your surgeon and explain what your going through. A little messaging in the area can give you some possible relieve.

Abdominoplasty after Pregnancy

+1

Ultrasound helps with inflammation and scarring. If it is determined that this is the cause, it should help. The discomfort from ultrasound treatment is inexistent and no side effects have been reported. I would certainly try 5 or 6 sessions and see if it helps.

M. Vincent Makhlouf, MD, FACS