Are There Any Plastic Surgery Schools Near Houston That Offer a Discount on Tummy Tucks?

Discount on surgery

+1

Each surgeon’s fees will be different depending on many factors.  Factors such as the certification of the surgeon, the experience of the surgeon, if the surgery is performed in the office or in a hospital / outpatient surgery center, if performed under local anesthesia or general anesthesia and who is administering the anesthesia.  Don’t choose your surgeon ONLY by price, make sure they can achieve your goals.

Some residency programs offer lower pricing.

Best Wishes!

Many residency programs offer these programs...

+1

Many plastic surgery residency programs offer a "cosmetic clinic" where patients can receive cosmetic procedures at a discounted cost.  In Dallas where I trained there was a resident cosmetic clinic where residents saw the patients before and after surgery and were the primary surgeon.  In the operating room an attending board certified in plastic surgery would oversee the procedure.  Patients needed to understand that they were being operated on by a resident in training at a reduced price.  The board certified overseeing surgeon stood there and watched to make sure all was done appropriately.  While most surgeons on this site will tell you that you only should go to a board certified plastic surgeon, we all have to start somewhere.  Better to actually do cases in residency while supervised than in the real world without guidance in the first year of practice.  Patients looking for an inexpensive price have this option at many universities and I would suggest calling Baylor in Houston Plastic Surgery Department or University Texas Southwestern in Dallas to get more information.  Good luck!

Evan Sorokin, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tucks and discounts

+1

While price shopping does seem to be a very popular form of choosing a surgeon.  I however, caution you in that regard.  You should first meet with a Boad Certified Plastic Surgeon and discuss your desires and have a plan formulated with that PS on how best to achieve these goals.  Then price should be considered.  I can not tell you how many patients I have seen who come to me for corrective surgery after going to the "cheapest" tummy tuck provider in their area.

Good luck.

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon