Will Plastic Surgery Make You Look Fake?

I don't want to look plastic-y or fake... Many of the times people can tell if someone has had plastic surgery... Is it possible to have plastic surgery without people telling you've had work done?

Natural looking results is possible with plastic surgery

+2

Choosing the right surgeon is of paramount importance to results do not look fake.  It is extremely important to go to a surgeon who creates a very natural look, whether it is for a nose job, eyelids, or facelift procedure.  Look at the surgeon’s before and after photos to make sure the patients look very natural after their procedure.

Fake and plastic surgery

+1

I think the goal for plastic surgery is to keep it as natural as possible.  Obviously if you are talking about breast augmentation and the patient wants extremely large implants then this is impossible.  But for facelifting, rhinoplasty, moderate augmentation, these goals can be achieved.

Good plastic surgery leaves you looking natural.

+1

Hi.

1)  This is one of the most important questions in plastic surgery.  You are right that there are many people walking around looking fake and pulled and "surgical'.  But this is just BAD surgery. 

2)  It can be completely avoided. Go to a board certified plastic surgeon who does a lot of cosmetic surgery, and ask to see a lot of before and after pictures.  The bad results are usually bad not because they are not perfect, but because they advertise the fact that the patient had plastic surgery.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Natural Looking Results With Plastic Surgery

+1

It is absolutely possible to have natural looking results from plastic surgery.  The goal of plastic surgery should be to make you look "refreshed and rested" rather than "pulled and expressionless." Good plastic surgery should make you look as good as you can for where you are now.  It cannot turn back to clock 20 years.  Attempts to do so generally result in the "I've had work done" look. Patients that come in requesting help with specific areas (e.g., sagging neck, excess upper eyelid skin) and have realistic goals (e.g., smoothing out lines rather than erasing them), are more likely to achieve the subtle, non-operated look.  

Mark Schwartz, MD

Plastic surgery without looking fake

+1

Of course it is if you go to a surgeon that shares your aesthetic and you have realistic expectations. Good plastic surgery should enhance your look and allow you to be noticed, not the procedure. A surprising number of patients though demand the "operated look" and are disappointed if  people don't notice or comment about their procedure.

Be sure you are comfortable with looking better and having people think you look better but unable to suspect that you had a surgical procedure.

Good luck.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Natural looking plastic surgery

+1

Yes you can have plastic surgery without a"fake plastic surgery " look IF you go to a surgeon who does natural looking work. I have many actresses and actors who say they have never had surgery and owe their good looks to "wheat germ and alfalfa sprouts".