19 Year Old and Want a Facelift! Suggestions? (photo)

I've smoked for over 5 years and sunbed a lot, which doesn't help the fact that I look old for my age which people ALWAYS comment on! I have really droopy cheeks that make me look 39 instead of 19 I've been looking at facelifts and have the money to fund one it's just I researched teenagers having facelifts and found NOTHING so came here for more advice as to what's available. When I pull my face back 1/2 - 1 inch or so from my temple I love how I look!

Facelift surgery

+3

Dear sjhsjh,

• My suggestion is to relax on the vices and focus on eating well, exercising...I bet your the way your face looks will improve dramatically
  • You have already said why you think you look so old....smoking and sun tanning are the worst things for your skin
  • It looks like you do your fair bit of partying as well based on your pics
  • And to be honest, whenever you decide to get elective cosmetic surgery (years down the line), you will need to get ready for it...no smoking, eating right, etc if you want to have the best results

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Optimal Age for Facelift

+2

There is no best age for facelift surgery.  Genetics, environment exposures and lifestyles have a significant impact on the appropriate time for surgery. I agree with the other plastic surgeons, 19 years old is quite young for this type of surgery.   It is a perfect time though for you to recognize the impact that smoking and sun tanning have on your overall health and facial skin appearance.  These two agents can prematurely create wrinkles, collagen loss and even skin cancer.   You would see a significant improvement in your skin over just a few months by avoiding smoking and limiting sun exposure.   In addition I would recommend starting with a good skin care regimen and some light chemical peels or laser peels.

Jill Hessler, MD
Palo Alto Facial Plastic Surgeon

A facelift is not the answer for you

+1

Surgery is not the treatment for smoking and sun at your age- the treatment is to stop smoking and start protecting yourself from the sun.  A good skin care regimen will help, and a healthy lifestyle will do more for you than surgery will at this point.  Save your money and use it for a gym membership and some skin care and... think of all the money you will save once you stop smoking!  Smoking is the single worst thing you can do for your appearance, and as long as you are smoking, you are not a candidate for a face lift at any age!

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Facelift at 19?

+1

Due to the fact that you do not have any skin laxity, a facelift will create scars without providing you a significant benefit.

The teenager and the Facelift

+1

There are several issue why you do not need a facelift. 

1.  You are not a candidate because you do not have laxity of facial skin/musculature

2.  You smoke and mistreat your skin by sun bathing

3.  Your age (maturity level) may be a factor

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

19 Year Old and Want a Facelift! Suggestions?

+1

Nine previous expert posters have in differing writing style stated that a FaceLift in a 19 year old is no only inappropriate but could cause you harm. Guees you need to reconsider this idea as a very poor choice. 

Facelift is the wrong choice for a 19 year old

+1

Based on your photos, a facelift would not be the right choice for you.   There are plenty of options to address your appearance if you desire to intervene.  You do have significant volume loss, especially in your anterior cheek.  There are multiple options to address this and other problem areas.

Seek consultation with a local facial plastic surgeon who will give recommendations to fit your face.  Don't seek out a certain procedure...instead, identify the areas of your face which concern you, and your doctor will be able to identify the best way to address those concerns.

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift at 19...

+1

I do not think that you need a facelift. The features that you are seeing on your face are normal. The abscence of the features that you are seeingwould actually be abnormal.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

19 and a facelift.

+1

Your photos are all taken with you smiling or puckering which raises your mouth and deepens the nasolabial folds. 19 is too young for a facelift. Changing your habits by using good sun protection, good skin care to help reverse the damage and stop smoking are the first steps.

Volume loss in the upper cheek can be filled with some minimally invasive fillers which may help your concerns.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

+1

My first suggestion is DON'T let someone convince you to undergo a facelift. Sun protection, smoking cessation, a healthy diet and exercise are best. If you want to undergo facial cosmetic procedures, those most indicated in someone your age and with your concerns would include injectable dermal fillers or facial implants to reshape and add more balance to your face. These are minimally invasive procedures with short downtime and high patient satisfaction. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon