Will derma pen cause scaring or damage my skin?! (photo)

I have shallow acne scars. I have like 5 main ones. Will it help plump them up? And will this procedure make me break out?

Micro-needling for acne scars

Medical micro-needling is an excellent treatment to improve acne scarring and can give as good or better results than fractionated laser treatments and at a fraction of the cost! However, micro-needling is much more effective when it is combined with the application of human growth factor serums at the time of the treatment. It works by stimulating the skin to trigger the release of growth factors to create more collagen and elastic fibers, resulting in thicker, healthier looking skin and improvement in the appearance of the acne scars. Shallow acne scars such as yours respond the best to these treatments. It is unlikely that it will make you break out.
In my office, we use the ProCell Therapies system which combines motorized micro-needling with concentrated human growth factor serums made from human stem cells and are seeing excellent results in the treatment of acne scars. The larger sized treatment tips make for faster treatment times with less discomfort. Our patients also use growth factor serums at home after their office treatment.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon