Permanent Retainer is Not Keeping Permanent Crowns Together?

Permanent retainer is not keeping permanent crowns together. Prior to the crowns the permanent retainer held my real teeth together. Then I had veeners, the permanent retainer held it together fine. The retainer has been adjusted many times and is allowing the 2 top front crowns to stay together.

Retainer not working?

+1

If the retainer is bonded to the back of your teeth special bonding material will be necessary to stick to a crown, if your teeth have shifted you may want to align first and then have a retainer made good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD    CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

Permanent Retainer is Not Keeping 2 Crowns Together

+1

A permanent retainer is usually bonded to the backs of the teeth that it is trying to hold together. The problem is that it is very difficult to bond to a crown. The bonding is probably de-bonding, allowing the teeth to separate again.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist