Perioral Mounds, Weak Chin, Bimax Protrusion, What Do You Recommend? (photo)

I have had these "mounds" below the corners of my mouth and above my chin that make it seem like my mouth protrudes. I don't like the way my mouth looks from the front or the side! I have had these "mounds" below the corners of my mouth and above my chin that make it seem like my mouth protrudes. I don't like the way my mouth looks from the front or the side! I think along with it I have a weak chin which makes matters worse! I also feel i may have bi max protrusion and a weak chin.

Combination Chin Augmentation and Perioral Mound Liposuction

+1

I would recommend a combination of chin augmentation and perioral mound liposuction. Done together they will create significant improvement in both of your concerns. Those procedures will help in reducing the appearance of bimaxillary protrusion, particularly the chin augmentation.

Weak Chin and 'Perioral Mounds'

+1

Your picture does demonstrate a retrusive chin which could possibly be improved with a chin implant. Orthodontics or even oral surgery would be necessary to address the bi-maxillary protrusion. The peri-oral mounds would likely be improved or 'de-emphasized' with a chin augmentation. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO