Normal for Mommy Makeover Surgery to Affect Menstrual Cycle?

I had a full mommy makeover on May 28. Tummy tuck, lipo & BA. My period should have arrived on June 27, its offically 1 day late. Is this normal? I am ALWAYS on time with my period-never late other than when I was pregnant with my son :) Could it be that having the tummy tuck and the meds I was on is making my period late? I havent had sex in over 2 months so I KNOW Im not pregnant.. Anyone experience this?

Surgery Can Affect Menstrual Cycle

+1

This is not an uncommon story. My experience even in women as "regular as a clock" with surgery scheduled between periods often start the day before, day of or within a few days after surgery or contrarily can be late. Menstrual cycles can become irregular at times of stress, from surgery and anesthesia. It should not be a problem. A pregnancy test should probably be done even though you "KNOW" you're not pregnant.

Mommy Makeover and Menstrual Cycle?

+1

Yes, any surgical procedure can cause alteration of the menstrual cycle and “make your period late".   Your cycles should return to normal within a few months;  if not,  consultation with your OB/GYN may be necessary.

Normal for Mommy Makeover Surgery to Affect Menstrual Cycle

+1

It is not unusual at all for a women's menstrual cycle to be affected by having surgery and general anesthesia.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Alteration in menstrual cycle, menses, period near or following surgery.

+1

First, make sure you are not pregnant. Secondly, any physical stress can cause alterations in the menstrual cycle. If this persists you may want to discuss it with your gynecologist but I would not be concerned at this point in time.