Peri-umbilical Tummy Tuck?

I recently read about a peri-umbilical Tummy Tuck, where the skin around the belly button is removed, and a permanent stich is placed under the skin. It sounded great since I only have stretch marks around my belly button. I have never heard of this before now. Is this new? Is this safe and effective?

Very minimal amount of skin can be removed

+1

This procedure only allows for a very minimal amount of skin to be removed and as such, is not appropriate for most patients who present with stretch marks in the peri-umbilical area.

Peri umbilical Tummy Tuck not for everyone

+1

It is good for patients who have minor hooding around the belly button.  It helps get rid of the hooding and smooth out the skin around the belly button.

I would not recommend it if you are trying to avoid a tummy tuck or trying to remove lots of skin around the belly button.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD