Flying After Tummy Tuck?

How soon can one fly after tummy tuck surgery? It would be a 15-hour flight.

Flying after a tummy tuck

+1

I agree. Wait at least one month. See your surgeon and discuss this with him/her. Please be careful and heed your surgeon's advice. Good luck.

Frankfort Plastic Surgeon

How soon do you have to fly after Tummy Tuck?

+1

There are a few really good studies out there Shamozal that should scare the pants off of anyone thinking of a flight that long within a few weeks of tummy tuck surgery.

Your risk for developing a potentially fatal blood clot is high enough that I wouldn't like to see any of my patients fly for that length of time for at least a month, and only at that time if they are very mobile and don't have any other risks for blood clots.

It might be advisable for you to use a low dose blood thinner for the flight, but that is not a replacement for waiting.

Be very careful!

Brian K. Brzowski, MD
Ogden Plastic Surgeon