Sex After Lower Body Lift? (photo)

I had a Lower Body Lift about 2 weeks ago after losing over 200 pounds. Am wondering when it would be safe to have sexual "activity." I'm just afraid to climax since the whole area down there feels so fragile. Drains are coming out Friday, so was hoping my wait would soon be over :) I should mention, my surgery did have complications. Low blood pressure caused by a hematoma, 2nd surgery to fix, and was discharged anemic.

Sex after Lower Body Lift

+1

I would not recommend any strenuous activity for at least 6 weeks after your surgery or after the complication was corrected.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Activity after body lift

+1

A body lift is a fairly involved procedure. I recommend no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 5-6 weeks.   Please talk to your PS about his/her recommendations.  Wishing you a speedy recovery.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Sexual activity following body lift

+1

Thank you for the question!  I hope that these answers help you!  I typically have patients wait a few weeks (2-4 weeks), depending on the complexity and what was done during the procedure.  Hearing your story, it may be a little longer since it will take some additional time for appropriate healing following your 2nd procedure, to allow for the additional swelling to subside, and have proper healing of your incisions.  

Overall, it is wisest to have your surgeon evaluate your progress, examine your healing, and physical well-being after this procedure and give you permission to engage in sexual activities.  Best of luck!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Wait 4-6 weeks to Resume Strenous Physical Activity

+1
After a major body contouring operation complicated by anemia, low blood pressure, and reoperation it would be prudent to wait on sexual intercourse or strenous physical activity. You do not want to complicate your recovery further.  Intimacy can take many forms that is not always the routine. Creativity can keep you safe and enhance intimacy. All the best.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Sex after a body lift

+1

I usually have patients wait several weeks until things have healed. If you have had complications it may mean to wait longer. Best to address this to your surgeon.

Sex After Lower Body Lift?

+1

For safety, this question should be addressed to your surgeon, who knows what was done and has followed your recovery. 

The average answer would be 4-6 weeks from the day of surgery (or in this case from the day of the second surgery). Thanks for your question, all the best.