Will the Dimples of Venus Remain or Be Altered Following my Lower Body Lift?

I know these dimples are caused by a superficial ligament over the sacroiliac joints but I don't know if this ligature is altered or addressed during the lower body lift. Will the dimples remain, or move? Is this specifically avoided? I like them, so I hope they don't go away or end up in a less attractive position.

+1

During a 360 lower body lift, the ligaments between the fascia overlying the gluteus maximus muscle and overlying tissue are divided. This is done minimally over the center of the back, most extensively over the central portion of the buttock, and moderately over the hip. Typically these ligaments are divided and transected. However, if these dimples are very important to you, the fat in that area can be sculpted to create an indentation. Alternatively, permanent sutures can be placed to re-create these dimples. These can either be done at the time of the 360 lower body lift or during a secondary procedure. Good luck with your reconstructive plastic surgery journey.

Sincerely,

Dr. Katzen

Dimples and Altering During Body Lift

+1

The dimples can probably remain but the incision will be placed higher.  This may be an issue of compromise.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Dimples and body lift

+1

Without photos, it is difficult to say if an incision can be designed to avoid changing these dimples.

Dimples of Venus may or may not be removed.

+1

Without a photo, it is impossible to know the location of your dimples and hence whether they would be removed or not.  The most important issue is you getting a result you are happy with.  If this can be accomplished by your surgeon leaving the dimples behind and still leaving your incision line in an aesthetically pleasing location, that's great.  If not, it makes more sense to side with the best overall result.  Your surgeon would be best able to tell you this after your examination.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

+1

You would need to send a photo to show the exact location of these dimples. If your surgeon showed you where the scars would be, you can make a guess, though asking him/her would be best. There are some options for incision placement, and some variances can be made without compromising the outcome. 

Please consider posting a photo. All the best.