Is a pannilecutemy, Cheaper then a tummy tuck?

I have a flop around my midsection. I would just like to remove the extra skiN and fat. not sure what's cheapest. Pannilecutemy or minni tummy tuck?

Is a panniculectomy, Cheaper then a tummy tuck?

+1
The general answer would be yes but you really need to see a board certified plastic surgeon to see if that would be the best procedure for you.  If you truly need a tummy tuck but can't afford it, then look into financing with the consultant or save and do it when you can do it right.  It would be unfortunate to spend money on a procedure, go through recovery and take time off work and have to do it all over again because you are unhappy with the results.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Is a panniculectomy cheaper then a tummy tuck?

+1
Usually yes is the answer.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and body contouring procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Tummy tuck vs panniculectomy

+1
A panniculectomy involves removal of the lower portion of the excess, loose abdominal skin. A tummy tuck involves abdominal wall muscle tightening with skin removal, belly button repositioning and often times liposuction of the flanks (love handles). Sometimes health insurance can cover a panniculectomy, whereas health insurance generally will not cover a  tummy tuck. A panniculectomy generally costs somewhat less as it is a shorter procedure. Consult with a few board certified plastic surgeons to determine which procedure is best for your particular anatomy.

William Bruno, MD

William Bruno, MD

Panniculectomy vs tummy tuck

+1
A panniculectomy certainly is a lesser surgery than a full tummy tuck. The panniculectomy does not involve any significant undermining, tightening of the abdominal muscles, or relocation of the belly button. For this reason, it should cost less than full tummy tuck. Both a full tummy tuck and panniculectomy are rather well defined and most surgeons will perform them in a similar manner. But mini-tummy tucks are a bit more variable. Some surgeons would consider a panniculectomy a type of mini-tummy tuck. Other surgeons still tighten the abdominal muscles with a mini tuck and there are quite a variety of things that can be done with the belly button. For this reason, it is hard to say if a panniculectomy would cost much less than a mini tuck. It will all depend upon the surgeon. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Panniculectomy Vs Tummy tuck

+1
Hello, thank you for the question. It's really hard to say without the pictures, and it depends on the Doctors, as all of us have different fees, I can only speak for myself, and basically, I charge the same for one or the other. But the question is, which is your indication? I'm pretty sure that no plastic surgeon will perform a panniculectomy when there is indication for muscle repair, because the results will not be good, and our best presentation card is actually a well performed procedure with good results. Hope to have been of some help. Good luck

Jose A. León, MD