I am 31 and have two children 16 and 8. Would I be a good candidate for Liposuction or a Tummy Tuck. (photos)

Candidate for Liposuction or a Tummy Tuck.

+2
You are an excellent candidate for a combination of a full tummy tuck with a repair of the abdominal muscles, removal of the excess loose skin and liposuction of selected areas. Liposuction alone will not produce a good cosmetic result with your particular anatomy.

It is generally recommended that you complete having your family before undergoing this procedure, since future pregnancies may undo the muscle correction.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

I am 31 and have two children 16 and 8. Would I be a good candidate for Liposuction or a Tummy Tuck.

+2
You are a great candidate for a tummy tuck and liposuction, abdominal muscle repair. Make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Sourgen with lot of experience. 

Mel T. Ortega, MD

TT

+2
Hello, thank you for your question and the pics. You are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck and liposuction altogether. The tummy tuck with muscle repair will give you a flat abdomen, liposuction will take care of the fat rolls on the back, create a curvy waistline and a beautiful low back arch

Jose A. León, MD

Am I a good candidate for liposuction or a tummy tuck?

+2
Based upon your photos, you appear to have laxity of your abdominal wall as well as excess skin and fat.  Once you have excess skin, liposuction performed alone will make that problem worse, and you would therefore require a tummy tuck to correct all three problems.

I would recommend that you consult with board-certified plastic surgeons experienced at performing tummy tucks, who will review your complete medical history, perform a physical exam and will be able to explain the risks and benefits of the procedure with you in detail.

Craig S. Rock, MD

+1
Tummy tuck with liposuction will likely produce the best result.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and body contouring procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Good candidate for tummy tuck and liposuction

+1
Thank you for your question and photographs.  I agree that you are a candidate for a combination liposuction in tummy tuck.  However it is crucial that you choose the proper plastic surgeon.  Please consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in tummy tuck surgery and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Liposuction or abdominoplasty

+1
You would not  be a suitable candidate for liposuction alone. Your best option would be an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) with plication of the rectuus sheath (muscle repair).
Liposution may be used as part of this operation but not in isolation.
I would consider you an ideal candidate for an abdominoplasty as you have a normal BMI and significant divarication of your rectus muscles.
Good luck

Vijith Vijayasekaran, MBBS, FRACS
Australia Plastic Surgeon

TT Vs lipo

+1
You have to acknowledge once you develop that saggy skin on the abdomen  in the combination with stretch marks after pregnancies or losing weight, NON procedure as: liposuction, laser, vaser, massages or losing weight will make your skin any tighter. 
Lipo on your abdomen will make your skin saggier or much more flaccid. 
So you are a perfect candidate for Tummy Tuck and muscle repair in order to get rid of the saggy skin and tapered waist and flatter abdomen. Liposuction can be done on your back. 
Be encoraged!!!! You will be loving you results. 
Dr. Cardenas 

Laura Carmina Cardenas, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon