Pain and Movement Inside Nose 4 Days After Rhinoplasty, Is This Normal?

Day 4 after rhinoplasty, and I have throbbing pain in my left nostril. I feel compelled to flare it, as if to get it in a better position. I feel movement inside the nose when I smile, laugh, or yawn. I haven't been taking my pain meds regularly since nothing was hurting before. I was told no pain was normal. I called my Dr. on Day 2 about bumping my nose slightly, and he said that was probably fine. Should I be alarmed this time? Or is this kind of irritation normal?

Pain and Movement in Nose 4 Days after Rhinoplasty

+1

I cannot explain the "movement" in your nose 4 days after rhinoplasty, but some pain may occur. It is unlikely that bumping your nose caused any problems. I suggest you see your surgeon to relieve your anxiety.

Pain with movement after Rhinoplasty

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and if you were my Rhinoplasty patient I'd want you to call the office and tell us what you're feeling.  IMHO, this sounds like a nasal crust that should be gently removed by the nurse or surgeon in the office.  Do not try to do this yourself as, IMHO, you could injure the nose.  In any case, the inside of your nose should be examoined by the surgeon to check things out.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Pain after rhinoplasty

+1

It sounds like you are experiencing a normal post op course. It's not uncommon that after the adrenaline surge of anxiety and stress of the first 48 hours wears off that patients start to be aware of thing they didn't notice initially.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty recovery after four days

+1

Usually the first three days of recovery are marked by swelling and nasal congestion and some headache pains, and the nose can feel stiff and unnatural. With the splint on and pain medication if you need it, you should try to relax and let things run their course until the splint is off at about one week. Hard to get into trouble if you rest and give yourself a few more days.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

Pain after rhinoplasty

+1

I find that post operative rhinoplasty patients suffer a range of symptoms. If nothing has changed after bumping your nose, I would not worry. Your anxiety is normal.

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.