What is This Bump Inside my Nostril After Closed Rhinoplasty?

I had a closed rhinoplasty about a month ago. My surgeon used absorbable sutures. There is a red bump inside my left nostril which looks similar to a pimple. I don't know if this is normal and is just the sutures being absorbed or if it could be an infection. Help!

Bump inside nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

At 1 month post Rhinoplasty, the red bump is most likely the dissolvable suture and the white is typical of sutures within the nose or mouth that accumulate secretions.  You should just ask your Rhinoplasty surgeon to take a quick look inside to ease your mind.

Bump after closed nose job or endonasal rhinoplasty

+1

This small bump appears to be a reaction to a stitch or some inflammation that may be occurring during the healing process.  Seek a follow up appointment with your surgeon to have this evaluated.  Sometimes, a small steroid injection or removal of the stitch may help with healing.

Etai Funk, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

After Closed Rhino

+1

Suture reaction is a common occurance following any surgery. The body reacts to any foreign object by trying to break it down and this results in inflammation.  Most likely this represents a normal reaction to a dissolvable suture, but I recommend that you visit with your surgeon to make sure this does not represent an infection.

C. Spencer Cochran, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump in nose after surgery

+1

Bumps along the internal suture line can happen. They resolve on their own. However, since your is red I think you need to see your surgeon for simple drainage. In any case. do not worry. This problem can be taken care of.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

+1

Closed Rhinoplasty requires incisions inside the nose, the bump you described appears to be at the incision line, thus it could be cartilage that has protruded, or it could be some reaction to the stich. 

I would follow up with your surgeon so he examine you and treat it.

Michel SIegel, MD

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon