Pain and Extreme Sensitivity 3 1/2 Years After Breast Augmentation?

I had my breast augmentation 3 1/2 years ago - under the muscle saline 375cc's. I have had throbbing pain across my breasts on and off since I have had them done and extreme nipple sensitivity. More on my right than my left. It is quite uncomfortable at times. I am wondering if this is normal and something that will never go away? I keep thinking it should get better then it happens again. Thanks for your time.

Pain 3 Years After Breast Augmentation?

+1

You should be seen by your plastic surgeon to rule out issues such as encapsulation and/or breast implant displacement and/or neuroma.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastrevision.htm

Pain after breast augmentation

+1

It s unusual for someone to have pain and nipple sensitivity so long after breast augmentation. I suggest that you see the plastic surgeon who performed your surgery for an evaluation. There may be several causes of pain and sensitivity; for example, you may have formed a capsule that is causing pain and irritating the nerves that supply your nipple. A thorough history and physical examination should help your doctor to devise a plan to help you find relief. If the pain is severe, persists and does not respond to treatment, you may consider removing your implants in an effort to relieve your symptoms. 

Breast augmentation

+1

Any pain more than several weeks is too long following breast augmentation.  As stated by others, a nerve may be stretched, or a neuroma, or a thickened capsule (capsular contracture).  A visit to your plastic surgeon and a possible capsulectomy or exploration may be a possibility.

Chronic pain of breast radiating to nipples.

+1

IF you pain has persisted for more than 3.5 years, I doubt that it will resolve at this point in time. The most likely cause is stretching or distention of the nerves to the nipple., In some instances a supportive bra can be quite helprul in alleaviating this discomfort. It may be an indication of other underlying conditions and should be evaluated. Timely mammograms are also essential.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Chronic pain and nipple sensitivity after breast augmentation

+1

Nipple sensitivity is common following breast augmentation, particularly in subglandular (on top of the muscle) implants. To have continuous pain radiating in the breast is abnormal. Many reasons can cause this from capsular contracture, nerve damage (neuromas), or changes in breast fullness with hormonal fluctuations. I would recommend a consult with your plastic surgeon for a full evaluation. Although the nipple sensitivity and the soreness seem related as they are both sensory changes, they may be two completely separate issues.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

I think it would be best to schedule a consultation with your surgeon so that they can assess the area to see particularly wheth

+1

Thank you for your enquiry, it is unusual for you to have a stroking pain in your breast 3 and a half years following surgery and at this stage it may not get better with time.

I think it would be best to schedule a consultation with your surgeon so that they can assess the area to see particularly whether you are developing capsules which can cause these types of symptoms.

I wish you the best of luck with this consultation.

London Plastic Surgeon

Pain and sensitivity a long time after breast implants

+1

For you to have pain and sensitivity three and one-half years after breast augmentation is a unusual. I would recommend seeing a plastic surgeon to be evaluated first.  You may eventually need to see a pain specialist.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.