Pain After Tummy Tuck and Lipo to Flanks?

how long will the pain last and how long will i need to keep taking pain killers for i am sore and itchy

Pain after tummy tucks

+1

should be improving daily though still considerable.  If you are itching, you need to inform your surgeon as you could have a mild allergic reaction to the medications.  My patients are told to use antihistamines such as Benadryl or Claritin to help with the itch.  Ask your surgeon when you can start anti-inflammatories as they can help too.

Recovery from Tummy tuck

+1

Q: How Long Does the Pain Last from a TT Muscle Repair?

A: Tummy Tuck Recovery

I encourage my tummy tuck patients to ambulate the same day of surgery.  But you will be walking in the flexed position.  You should be able to walk upright/straight in approximately 7 days.   Most of my tummy tuck patients are comfortable to go back to a desk job 10-14 days after surgery.   If your work involves strenuous activity or heavy lifting, most surgeons recommend avoiding heavy lifting or strenuous activity for at least 5 weeks.  In general, for most desk jobs, I advise patients to take 10-14 days off if possible so you can focus on your recovery and not on deadlines/clients/meetings.

Lastly, I recommend the use of long acting numbing medicine to numb out the muscle tightening.  I utilize Exparel that can have numbness effects than can last up to 3-4 days.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS