Fractional Laser for indented acne scars?

I would like to know if any doctors have used this treatment for scars & if you did, were your patients happy with the results? I read a few had it done & liked it. It seems that it's a mixture of needling with heat. Any doctors in Phila on here that use it?? Thanks.

Fractional laser for acne scars

+2
I started using the InMode Fractora last year for skin resurfacing including acne scarring. Because acne scarring is so deep it does take more than one treatment - usually 2-3 - and it takes about 6 months to really start seeing results. But it's the best treatment I've seen in many, many years.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Fractionated Laser Resurfacing For Acne Scarring

+1
Fractionated CO2 laser resurfacing provides excellent results for improvement of acne scarring.  This is a minimally invasive procedure which can be completed in the office without hospitalization.  For cases of very deep scarring, 2-3 procedures may be required.  The Pixel CO2 system provides great results with minimal downtime.   I would be happy to see you in my office for a consultation, I am located in the Philadelphia Metro Area.  

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fractional laser for acne scarring

+1
Non-ablative fractional laser treatment is excellent for pitted/atrophic acne scars.  There is very minimal down time (2-3 days typically) and patients usually see great results after 4-6 treatments (depending on how severe your scarring is). 
I also find that some people need a combination treatment with the Fraxel laser as well as dermal fillers for the very deep scars.  Consult with a board certified dermatologist in your area- you can search for doctors on RealSelf to see their profiles and answers. 
Good luck!

Erica Linnell, MD
Seattle Dermatologist

#acnescars

+1
Fractional laser work well for the treatment of acne scars. I have done a fair number of these procedures. some patients do require a minor surgical procedure in conjunction with lasers to achieve better results. u can see some of the results on my website (see below)

Misbah Khan, MD

Fractional Lasers for Acne Scars

+1
I love Fraxel laser, both for pigmentation and acne scars.  The 1550 wavelength is needed for acne scars and the minimal downtime (approximately two days) is amazing.  It does take several treatments to improve the scars but some of my happiest patients are those whose scars I have improved with Fraxel.  For darker complexion patients I use the Ematrix laser which works through radio frequency heat to improve the scars.  Please find a board certified dermatologist with experience in lasers and cosmetic dermatology for the best results.

Michele S. Green, MD

Fractional resurfacing for acne scars

+1
Acne scars are certainly one great indication for fractional ablative resurfacing . I have many patients who say that I have changed their lives because of the results they have from this treatment in my office. It used to be that scars were just scars and now we have technology to certainly make them significantly better and in some cases minimally visible at all.

Shawn Allen, MD
Boulder Dermatologist

Fractional Laser for Acne Scars

+1
Thank you for your question. Yes, fractional laser treatments can helps.

Treating acne scars can be difficult.  It usually involves a combination of Laser resurfacing, fractional resurfacing, subcision with or without filler/fat grafts, and direct excision for deep "ice-pick" acne scars.

Partial improvement can be achieved but 100% complete improvement is unlikely.

To be sure what is right for you, see two or more skilled, board certified plastic surgeons or dermatologists in your area.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS