Otoplasty Twice - 2 weeks post revision I feel like they have gone back to their original position.

Hello, I had otoplasty for the first time 7 years ago and I recently had a revision two weeks ago because I felt like the tops of my ears still stuck out. I went to a different surgeon for the revision and he was really nice and aimed to correct this for me. After having the surgery I was shown the results and was initially happy with them. However, two weeks on I feel like they have sprung back to their original position before having the revision and I feel it was a waste of money. The surgeon also said at the time of having the surgery that they were as perfect as he could get them, so I'm just wondering are there limits on what this surgery can achieve? I understand my ears need to take time to heal but I don't think they are going to get any better and the tops of them still stick out more than I would like them to. Thank you for any advice 

Ears have gone back to original after 2 weeks

+1
This could be swelling that could improve with time. It is possible that the procedure could have been less effective but I would wait to see how it looks after at least 3 months.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
The result can’t usually be properly assessed 2 weeks after an otoplasty. There is often still swelling during this time that can cause the ears to appear to be still protruding. Therefore, I recommend that you wait several weeks longer, although 3 months would be best.

Waldemar Merck, MD
Germany Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty twice

+1
At two weeks it is way to early to predict your final result.  Pictures would be a great help in your case.

Jon E. Rast, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon