Can I have an Otoplasty for the third time? (photo)

I had an otoplasty 3 years ago and the results were good, but after 6 months one of my ears had the telephone effect and I had a second surgery for that one ear that went wrong. Now, both of my ears have the same effect, like they're going back to their place. I wore a headband for about one month 24h, then I wore the headband only when sleeping for about 1 year and a half, and I didn't have any other factor that could have caused it, that is why I don't know why that happened

Otoplasty revision

+1
It is possible to have a third otoplasty.  However, it would depend on a physical exam. It would be helpful to see a side view of your ear. Best of luck.

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Revision Otoplasty

+1
To properly answer your question, physical examination by a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon is recommended.  Following examination and review of the operative reports, further recommendations may be made to discuss how to best fix the "telephone effect" you do not like.

Adam Schaffner, MD, FACS

Can I have an Otoplasty for the third time?

+1
It depends on whether you were operated on with one of the traditional methods or with the stitch method. If you were operated on with one of the traditional methods and not too much cartilage was removed, then a further operation is possible. If you were operated on with the stitch method, whereby no cartilage was removed, there would be no problem in having another operation.

Waldemar Merck, MD
Germany Plastic Surgeon

Revision Otoplasty

+1
Definitely a proper examination is required to answer your question, at least all photo profiles. Generally speaking almost all otoplasty can be revised and get a significant improvement. Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience in otoplasty and discuss what you can really expect, if Revised.

Best Wishes,

Dr. Luis Redondo

Luis Redondo, MD

Depending on your examination, you may be a candidate for revision Otoplasty Surgery.

+1
Your question cannot be answered without an examination. You may wish to consult several reputable facial plastic surgeons, with your operative reports, so you could see what might be best for you.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon